Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Bus to the Gardens

    March 8 in Cook Islands ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Caught the 'Clockwise Bus' to Maire Nui Gardens. Not a very big place but some beautiful flowers there! Matt found the resident goat and Rosie wanted to say hello but was also a bit scared. We walked over and it started weeing at us and then drank it's wee! Rosie thought it was hilarious!
    We went to the garden cafe for a smoothie/iced coffee and the yummiest cheesecake ever. It came with tropical fruits and the dragon fruit was absolutely delicious!
    A nice man gave us a lift back from the gardens to our place, and wouldn't take the money we offered. People are really friendly and kind here.
    In the afternoon Rosie, Matt and Poppy had a swim in the pool and sea whilst I kayaked around Koromiri Motu (island). Didn't see a huge amount other than sea slugs, Picasso triggerfish, butterfly fish and lots of green weed, but it was interesting to see some of the shipwreck. And nice to do a bit of exercise!
    Matt had a kite in the afternoon too. Wasn't quite windy enough but I'm glad he got in as it's our last day here today - off to the airport in the morning to go to Aitutaki. It looks beautiful there.
    Got dinner from the takeaway nearby tonight and Rosie really enjoyed played with Amelia who's in the suite next to ours. She's 4 and they played really nicely together. I don't think either of them wanted to stop and go to bed!
    Read more