Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Aitutaki

    March 9 in Cook Islands ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Arrived in Aitutaki. Beautiful views of the island and Motus as we came in. Such a tiny airport. Our hire car company told us to pick the car up from the airport car park and that the keys would be in the ignition and our name on the dashboard!
    They're so trusting here, but I guess where would someone go if they stole it only 800 people live here! We were greeted at the airport by our host with flower necklaces which Rosie loved. They sorted a different hire car for us so we'd have AC which was really kind of them.
    Took a drive around the island and went the off road route by accident! Very remote and could easily get stuck if there had been heavy rain.
    Checked out some local 'supermarkets'. As we'd been told there's basically no fresh food, even fruit and veg. So we decided to eat out for dinner.
    When we got into our villa Rosie was so excited and ran from room to room. She ran into our room and came and got me to show me "look there's your bed and that's Poppy's bed!"
    We had dinner at a place called the Boatshed and they've got swings, a slide, trampoline and tree house so Rosie was very happy.
    Watched the sunset at ours after :)
    Read more