Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Day 2 in Aitutaki

    March 10 in Cook Islands ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Woke up early to walk up the hill to a viewing point not far from ours - although nothing is far! A very steep climb with some nice views at the top, apart from the Vodafone building...
    Went to a beach near the airport for snorkeling. Rosie and I made a picture from coral. She said she wanted to make a picture of Poppy - her whole body. And then later suggested Poppy should be sat on a swing with us pushing her - definitely outside of my creative talents!
    Poppy happily laid on the mat chattering to us whilst we hunted for coral.
    Rosie and I then went for a swim and she shouted "tidal wave!", made a big splash with her arms in the water and thought it was hilarious! Matt has taught her this game. She was laughing so much in the sea with me today :)
    Lunch at a Koru cafe at the tip of the island. Delicious fish sliders and iced coffee. A lovely local lady and her partner (?) chatted to us and said how brave we are for traveling with two kids. She had a cuddle with Poppy - although Poppy got a bit teary. She's got a bit of a cold I think and had a runny eye today. The lady gave me her flower crown and Rosie was so pleased and wore it this afternoon.
    Quick play in the park but it got very hot and sunny. Collected 1 green and 1 brown coconut and got some bananas and other bits from the shop.
    Dinner at the Boatshed again as they are open and start dinner early enough!
    Off on a charter boat tomorrow to explore the islands and do some snorkeling.
    Read more