Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Abel Tasman and Golden Bay

    April 3 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Boat tour along Abel Tasman national park yesterday. The boat dropped groups off to different beaches on the way up the coast and ours was at the end, so we got a good feel for what the park's coastline is like - in summary lots of stunning sandy beaches and beautiful native forests.
    Saw some fur seals on a couple of the small islands too, and I thought one seal we saw was a dolphin as it was diving and playing in the wake from our boat!
    We had a few hours on our beach at Awaroa Bay. Spent it enjoying the views and our picnic and watching Rosie run up the beach. I also had a quick swim in the sea - felt just as cold as at home! Quick coffee at The Lodge meant we had a nice walk through the forest. Looked like it would be an awesome place to stay.
    By the time the boat picked us up Rosie was exhausted! Poppy was delightful as usual and smiling at people on the boat and making friends. Fish and chips and burger for me for dinner. Poppy absolutely demolished the tomatoes in my burger! Her gums seem to cut through most food now!
    Today we haven't done a huge amount. I've got a sore throat and the weather hasn't been great for most of the day. Highlight was Rosie getting her pink fishing rod - she was very excited! And we got Poppy some 6-9 month babygrows as she's grown out of hers now.
    We found a spot to do some fishing and Poppy and I went for a walk. Checked in to the Top 10 at Pohara just before dinner. Matt had the girls and apparently Rosie just ran back and forth on the beach (the rain cleared this afternoon and it got really hot!). Dinner and pudding on the beach which was lovely. Poppy munched through some peppers and earlier that day had a few bits of cucumber so she's done well today!
    Read more