Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Queenstown

    April 19 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    Stayed overnight at Kingston which is about 40mins from Queenstown. The campsite had great play areas for Rosie and kitchen and bbq facilities. It was nice to be able to cook and for Rosie to have a play nearby. Poppy loved going on the trampoline with Matt and Rosie and playing with a bunny teddy in the playroom. We even helped her go down the baby slide with Rosie.
    Met a nice family from Auckland with their two boys, so Rosie had some other kids to play with. She's still quite shy around other people but getting more confident each time.
    Matt went for a run when we arrived and I had a run the next morning. Beautiful lake views and the trees are stunning yellows, oranges and reds at the moment.
    Headed up to Queenstown in the morning to do the Gondola and the luge (more like a go kart) that Matt booked for us. Was really fun! Although Rosie thought my driving was slow and scary because of all my braking! Haha!
    We visited the Kiwi Experience next door afterwards. It was cool to see Kiwis running about in the nocturnal house. They're so much bigger than I remember and run in a very amusing way!
    Rosie spent the next half hour running after Matt shouting "You're a kiwi!". Hopefully no New Zealanders were listening...
    Stayed at a campsite just outside Queenstown. Again lots of cool stuff for the girls (and us) to play with like the huge bouncing pillow. And we used the kitchen to cook dinner and breakfast. It's much more sociable than cooking in the van and the girls are enjoying chatting to other people.
    Read more