Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 84

    Mt Taranaki

    1 mei, Nieuw-Zeeland ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We camped at a cool campsite above a river and black sand beach at Kaupokonui Beach last night. Arrived with time for walks on the beach and some fishing. Caught three kawahi but released one as they're pretty big!
    Rosie helped Matt to wash the fish in the river.
    Borrowed some books from the campsite library which Rosie enjoyed reading to Poppy.
    This morning we headed off to Mt Taranaki, the volcano at the centre of Egmont National Park, for a walk in the 'goblin forest' to see Dawson Falls. We visited a tiny old hydro power station at the start of the walk. Then headed down the road into the forest. The forest was beautiful, trees were absolutely covered in so many kinds of moss and ferns. And we found some mushrooms in the forest too. We had a snack sat by Dawson Falls before heading back to the van.
    We're camped at Three Sisters Freedom Camping tonight. The weather turned this afternoon so Rosie did some painting in the van. Poppy was very happy having a walk with me in the rain though!
    Matt bumped into a penguin on the rocks after dinner and we can hear them outside the van now calling to each other.
    Meer informatie