Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 346

    Travel Days to Airlie 🤙🚐

    October 15, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today we spent the day mostly driving!

    We got up in the morning for the last run of the week which was exceptionally hard in 31*c. There were tears 😂 it was quite a special run for me because I was pushing through it. I now have two mantras for moments just like these: “I can do hard things!” And “say yes because one day you’ll have to say no!”.

    After the run we went for a dip back in Yepoon Lagoon and had a shower before heading off on our journey!

    One thing we constantly learn is that tropical Queensland is insanely tropical! There’s so much biodiversity that we expected but we didn’t ✨expect✨ if you know what I mean!
    Like this insane cricket that we later saw a few more of when we arrived at our rest stop for the night 😂

    On our drive we also passes SOOO many sugar cane fields and some intentional crop burning!

    The sky was incredible in burnt orange smokey haze 😍 it was unreal.

    We later found a place called The Leap Pub which offers free camping with toilets and showers if you go in and buy a few drinks or a meal.. we love these places! You often meet the friendliest people! We got chatting the the barman and he we were talking about our travels etc!

    Another stint of driving tomorrow 🫶
    Read more