Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Average Lagos Day

    September 17, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    After a pretty big night and a lot of fun, I slept for a while to nurse the lagos hangover before heading to the common room of the hostel. I ran into the kiwis from yesterday, and they recommended a cafe with good coffee and Pastel de Nata. To be fair, they weren't wrong. The coffee is probably the best I have had in Europe, and the Pastel de Nata was amazing. It is a custard pastry thing that is so nice. It was the first one I had, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I think this cafe did it particularly good cause it was that nice. After this, we went back to the hostel and teamed back up with Nina, and we headed to the beach. We were convinced to go to a beach to the west of town that appeared to be very popular for the scenery. After about a 20-minute walk, we arrived but was disappointed to see it packed to the brim with people. It was a small beach, but the rock archways right next to it, make it a popular destination for people wanting instagram photos. Not only was the beach packed, but it also was riddled with seaweed, making it quite uncomfortable to swim in. After not very long, Nina and I decided to leave to go somewhere more comfortable.

    The Kiwi guys had moved from the hostel to an airbnb on the east of town that is right next to a beach. We figured we would head there as the beach was huge, and we were assured to find space. Unfortunately, the walk was longer than we expected and after about an hour of walking we finally arrived at the beach. The boys caught up with us not long after, but then the weather took a turn for the worst. The wind picked up, and it looked like a storm was brewing, so we went back to their accommodation to chill and play cards. This was a lot of fun and a good way to spend the afternoon without drinking. Although it doesn't seem as though there is much to do in Lagos a part from the beach and drinking, given it was a Sunday we figured we would give ourselves a day break and go again on Monday night. After many, many games of presidents and assholes, we began the walk back to the hostel. I cooked some dinner and had an early night, after more chilling in the hostel. Nothing too acceptionally exciting happened today, and the photos reflect that.
    Read more