Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    A Parting Gift of Sunshine

    February 26 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 3 °C

    As the dawn broke on our final day in the Lofoten Islands, we were greeted with an unexpected and much-appreciated gift: almost clear skies and beautiful weather. This serendipitous turn seemed like a farewell embrace from the islands, offering us one last chance to capture their beauty under the radiance of the sun.

    Our journey to the airport was planned with ample time for a few deliberate stops, allowing us to soak in the landscapes we had come to love, perhaps for the last time. First on our itinerary was Haukland Beach, a place that had captured our hearts with its stunning vistas. The sunshine transformed the beach, illuminating the turquoise waters and the white sands, a stark contrast to the stormy greys we had grown accustomed to. This time, our cameras worked in harmony with the elements, capturing the vibrant colors and dynamic contrasts of the landscape.

    Next, we visited Uttakleiv Beach, another favorite spot of ours. The clear weather revealed the rugged beauty of the beach in full glory, with the mountains standing tall against a bright blue sky. The reflections in the tide pools, now calm and clear, mirrored the beauty of the world above, creating perfect symmetrical images that felt almost surreal.

    Between these major stops, we made several impromptu visits along the way. Each location, whether it was a sweeping vista of the sea or a quiet nook by the roadside, offered unique photographic opportunities. These final hours were a whirlwind of activity, as we sought to capture as much of Lofoten's beauty as we could, knowing that each shot was a goodbye in itself.
    Read more