Satellite
Show on map
  • Getting ready

    April 9, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    I am a recently retired nurse. My husband, Herb, is retired postal and USAF Reserve. We have a Class C RV and we are going to travel this beautiful country while we still have the health and energy to do so. There's a lot I haven't seen. Herb saw a whole bunch of it when he was 20 or so--he and an another soldier took an Army exhibit 18-wheeler all over, but that was 50 yrs ago and they weren't thinking of sightseeing at the time!

    As we sit here, in our old house with the chaos of packing all around us, we are also setting up our itinerary. Herb is always organized and he likes to know where we are going and when and he carefully builds a binder with all the various reservation confirmations and addresses to enter into the GPS. It's also a good way to keep our eye on the prize. 

    So far, we are leaving here May 4, stopping in Amarillo overnight then spending a week in Oklahoma City.. Then we will head on to Branson, MO for a few days. We haven't yet looked at the shows that are available, but we do know we are going to go to Carbondale, IL, so Herb can look at the college campus, Southern Illinois University, Extension Program that gave him his Bachelor's after 32 years of mostly fruitless butting his head against the brick wall of Algebra--nevertheless, he persisted! 

    Our next long stop will be Minneapolis/St. Paul: I have a driving NEED to see the Mall of America while some stores are still open! Fortunately, I was astute enough to marry a man who likes to shop (eat your hearts out, Girlfriends!) 

    Then we will be off to Chicago for a few days and head for New York with side trips to Cleveland's Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, Canton's NFL Hall of Fame, and Cooperstown, NY for the Baseball Hall of Fame and, of course, Niagara Falls. That's about the first third of our plans. You don't think I'm excited, do you?
    Read more