Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    High Desert RV Park

    April 21, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 41 °F

    The biggest obstacle to our getting on the road to our adventure in America has been passed. The house is sold, the new owners, JR and Emily Shaw, are getting it ready to their specifications. We had a really nice dinner with them at Ruth’s Chris the night we closed—they paid the whole, very expensive bill for the dinner, because they said, we had been gracious and because we left a lot of stuff we couldn’t take/store/sell/or pawn off on family! BTW, while the company was wonderful, the food was exceptional!
    The second obstacle was Herb finishing his rehab from his foot surgery, which is essentially done, but 2 months ago, while he was non-weight bearing on that foot, he fell off his knee walker when he made a sharp turn, landing on his left shoulder. It has been really painful and Dr O’Guinn at Presbyterian has tried a steroid shot and PT. When that didn’t work he ordered an MRI. We have the result on his MyChart, which used the word “tear” when discussing the rotator cuff tendons and ligaments. Much of it went over my head, but we have an appointment with the Dr. Wednesday to discuss options.
    In the meantime, we are comfortably ensconced in an RV park in West Albuquerque with the dogs, Touly and Fonzie. With very few obligations, we have some things left to see in New Mexico. This is a very beautiful state and while the weather this week hasn’t been ideal, it will be improving! I think today might be a good to go see the travelling Da Vinci exhibit at the Natural History Museum!
    Read more