Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 28

    Branson 2.0

    18 Mayıs 2018, Amerika Birleşik Devletleri ⋅ 🌙 73 °F

    My first impression of Branson was that it was Las Vegas circa 1955, but having spent a week here, I have some to find it is truly so much more than that.  

    Branson is iconic heart of the Ozarks. Country music has a very long, rich history here, so the establishment of an area where there were many artists who established permanent and/or semi-permanent theatre shows was a natural progression. The many shows that are here are generally reasonably priced, family-centered and the staging and talent are top shelf!

    As a desert rat, I am loving the green everywhere. Humidity be damned—my cracked and bleeding hands are finally healing!

    There is a college here, the College of the Ozarks that offers a range of 4-yr bachelor degrees. Their statement: “C of O is unique among higher education institutions in America: no tuition is charged, all students work on campus, debt is openly discouraged, and no federal, state or private loans are made.” 

    They operate a hotel, grow their own vegetables and livestock, and operate a restaurant that is totally farm-to-table. We were not able to eat there—you have to get reservations weeks ahead! https://www.cofo.edu/.
    Okumaya devam et