Satellite
  • Day 277

    Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach, CA

    January 22, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    Jan 22, 2019 The Aquarium of the Pacific, Long Beach, CA

    Well, hello again! I guess it time to update y’all with our journeys and various side trips. After the Christmas rush, we rested a couple of weeks, enjoying the Inland Empire and its mild winter. We had a few days of rain and some frosty mornings, but more days than not we were able to participate in water aerobics. We went out to several restaurants in the area, visited and shopped in San Diego—we even took Touly down to the off-leash dog beach in Del Mar. We also had group luncheons in San Marcos at The Old Spaghetti Factory for the legendary Browned Butter Mizithra Spaghetti with a few of the old Kaiser Pediatric night shift from the late ‘80s-‘90s and the extended family in San Diego just before we left.
     
    The one thing we did do, was to go over to Long Beach to see the Aquarium of the Pacific. It’s a nice one, thoughtfully arranged. We were surprised to find the 88 mile trip from Hemet to Long Beach only took us an hour and a half (Waze routed us through city streets to get around some traffic tie ups in Riverside). For those no familiar with LA traffic, that is nothing less than PHENOMENAL!.
     
    Here are some of the pic from that excursion.
    Read more