Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 319

    Albuquerque, NM

    March 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 48 °F

    Hemet to Las Vegas to Albuquerque

    Before leaving Hemet, we took a trip to the Salton Sea. It’s an interesting place actually, an accidental sea, that became highly saline and now seems to be drying up. Find more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_Sea. It makes for a fun place to walk around and there are tons of birds to take pics of.

    While we were in Hemet, we bought an Elite Thousand Trails membership (park fees were eating us alive) and Las Vegas Thousand Trails was our first experience. It was a bit disappointing, but the drawbacks (small, tight campsites; long-term inhabitants with cluttered sites to start with) are easy to put up with to be able to stay in a park without being out-of-pocket for the stay. Long time TT members assure us that LVTT is old and always crowded because Las Vegas is a good draw. I choose to believe them.

    Trying to get into the tight space, Herb misjudged the turning radius of our rear end and he took out the left fender on the tow dolly and did quite a number on the rear of the motorhome. We had previously planned a month-long hiatus at the KOA in Albuquerque to catch up on doctor and dental maintenance, so we made arrangements with GEICO to get the body work done as we came into town and before parking for the 4 wks at KOA.

    So, here we are: stuck in the La Quinta with a vociferously complaining cat and an annoyed Corgi. Fingers crossed that they finish the motorhome soon!
     
    Read more