Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Travel to San Jose

    September 20, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Today we get up, have breakfast and pack our gear. It's a 4 hour drive back to San Jose where I found a nice AirBnB right beside Apple Park. It is a coincidence I swear.

    Before heading out of Yosemite Valley we make one last sightseeing spot, the Bridalveil Falls. We get there and are greeted by a small bead of water falling from the sky. It is not the best time year to see the Falls, we are told that spring is the best. We take a couple photos and get back on the road.

    The drive back out of the valley is nice and the roads are A1. They seem to have all been redone recently. There are still some spots where we are asked to stop and stop as there are still some work to do to recover from the fires.

    We arrive at our AirBnB and are greted by Carolyn. She is an excellent host and is very well organized. The whole home is lovely. We take well deserved showers and head out for dinner. We have supper at a Austrian restaurant where I have delicious schnitzel.

    That's it for today, my knee is still resting. It is Thankfully getting better 🙂

    Also on a positive note, the weather seems to be sunny for the next 14 days.
    Read more