Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Up and Down Town

    September 22, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today is a tourist day, we have our City Pass ready and head downtown. First we however stop at the Apple store to pickup my new phone. I was able to reserve one without having to wait in line. The process at the store was very quick. 📱

    Once everything is setup we head to the California Academy of Sciences which is California's oldest museum. This museum has interesting sections to see. We visit the rainforest, the various aquariums and enjoy a nice show at the planetarium.

    After filling our brain with interesting visuals we head over in the park and find something to fill our bellies. After lunch we decide to continue walking in the Golden Gate Park enjoying the various vegetation and activities people are doing on this lovely September day.

    We then head over to the Castro but first we walk through the Buena Vista Park which is a hill in the middle of the city and is the oldest city Park in San Francisco (1867). It's nice to walk in the various neighbourhoods and see the various style of homes. I do not know how they build all these houses with only a couple of inches separating each other.

    In the Castro area we see interesting individuals, some were naked wearing only a small piece covering their most private part. They get lots of looks which is probably what they were looking for. We also see some drag queens all pampered up. No one seems to be taking photos however. We continue walking on the streets in this area and find a nice wine bar where we have a bottle and some snacks to enjoy. Once we are done we walk back to our studio. Lots of hills here... Up and down everywhere we went. 25,000 steps today.
    Read more