Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 162

    Exploring Lembata Island

    October 28, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    So we head off today to visit the port to try get info about going to Pulau Alor. The port is closed (today in Sunday) and after visiting a few places and asking different people, we seem to have more different information about when the boat leaves for Alor. Some people say Wednesday or Tuesday but give different times, someone tells us tomorrow at 1am?

    We then decide to head to the east side of the island as we hear there are smaller boats that leave more often for the next island and from there we can get another boat to Alor.

    We have lovely views of Ile Ape volcano as we head along the coastal road to the east of the island. The road quickly deteriorates and it becomes a bumpy, however stunning ride with volcanic mountains in the back drop to glistening blue sea. We stop for a quick swim in very warm waters and then continue on for a simple roadside lunch at stalls next to the beach. We continue our bumpy journey passing the dry surroundings and occasional village or roadside stall. We continue on a little longer and reach a port town, different from the one we were searching for. However we get more ambiguous information, so head back to Lewoleba for the night.

    PS. The last picture is a popcorn maker we saw at a market. It makes a huge pop when opened!
    Read more