Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Portland Stop

    May 25, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    After saying our goodbyes to the Howe family, we headed to Portland. We stayed in Portland at an RV Park for the night to head to the Oregon Zoo in the morning. The RV park was primarily full of people who were long term tenants. It was a true RV park in that the spots were back to back. There was a good dog park we walked the dogs to. The RV park was right next to the Portland Airport so Declan enjoyed watching all of the planes take off and fly over us. He also needed to know where each plane was headed. We also saw a few fighter jets take off. For dinner, Cory and Declan rode the bike to the port and picked up dinner at “The Deck”. We were all going to walk but decided the road was a bit to unsafe with a stroller and 2 dogs.

    The next morning we had tickets to the Oregon Zoo when it opened at 9:30am. We got there about 10 minutes early and parked in the RV parking area. We left the dogs in the RV and headed into the zoo. The zoo was pretty packed even at opening. There were a lot of elementary kids there on field trips. The zoo was a great zoo. It had different sections based on the world continents. We saw monkeys, tigers, cougars, bears, red pandas, otters, sloths, lions, birds, among others. Declan got a big green snake, rock candy, and a green alligator at the gift shop (he was a lucky kid).
    Read more