Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Ho chi min - The cu chi tunnles

    November 27, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    Today we explored Ho chi mins history. We went into the cu chi tunnel’s that helped Vietnam win the war against America. Our tour guid led us through a tunnel and showed us how they made their shoes (one forwards and one back) to confuse the Americans. He also told us that they got their oxygen from termites nests (fake ones). They also used the bombs of the Americans to make traps and ammunition. Women and children also fought in the war.

    We then went to the museum which I didn’t take any pictures of because it was very graphic. We saw the affects of agent orange in many people and how they could be affected by it. Some people it was genetics and other it happened over time when eating contaminated food like fish. The Americans used to drag Vietnamese soldiers by the tanks until they died on impact, we saw many many effects of the bombs on children and women. Piles of bodies laying dead on top of each other it was horrific.

    200 Australian soldiers were drafted to help America but as they were, many protests started in Australia against the idea.
    Read more