Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Bosnia

    August 12, 2019 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today’s stop at Sarajevo is brief. The first stop is lunch at a restaurant opened by a former pop singer. We waited for a long time for the lunch to come and only have 15min to finish off our plates. The lamb I have is average and tough, while Kenny’s lamb in a pot is delicious. I am glad we have diversified to try different meat.

    The city walking tour is good. We walk around the idle bazaar and manage to take the cable car up to have a panoramic view over the old city. The most impressive history about this city is this is where World War I was started - the Heir apparent to the Austrian-Hungarian Empire Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophia were killed.

    Belgrade, Sarajevo
    Next stop Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina’s capital, the city that has been through it all! It is where the Western and Eastern Roman Empire split and where people of many nations and religions met, lived and warred. You can still see many reminders of the Yugoslav War in bullet holes and cannon marks all around town. Though, still an oriental beauty with a unique twist, and a delight to discover on your walking tour in the old town. The city offers endless delicacies to taste, but the specialty is lamb.
    Included Activities: Sarajevo City Tour
    Read more