Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Belgrade

    August 11, 2019 in Serbia ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    A long drive today to Djokovic hometown Belgrade, Serbia. By the time we have lunch,
    it was around 3.30pm, by which time I can eat a horse! The restaurant is situated in a garden with live music. I enjoy my soup, kebab and local meat.

    After lunch, we walk up the old city cobble street and are welcomed with the stunning view over the Danube river. Lots of party boats are waiting for us to come later in the evening.

    The hotel is located in the residential area with not much around. Because tobacco is so cheap in Serbia, everyone smokes, regardless indoor or outdoor. I have to sit outside, at least I can breath in fresh airs instead of the circulating smoky air. After a cheese steak dinner, we call it a day.

    Sofia, Belgrade
    After a substantial breakfast, hop on the bus and make your way to the Serbian capital, Belgrade. With stunning views over the Danube and Sava rivers by the mighty medieval Belgrade Fortress, head to the heart of the capitol. Starting off at the vibrant pretty shopping street, Knez Mihailova, filled with cafes, shops and charming sites, kick off the walking tour to discover the incredible landmarks Belgrade has in store and their marvellous histories.
    Read more