Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Disney: Day 1

    September 9, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had booked character dining with Chip & Dale at 07:15am - admittedly not by choice (only time left) but it turned out to be loads of fun and got us in the Disney spirit!

    We decided to visit Disney's California Adventure park first then head over to the main park later on.

    We had been told at check in, the ride at Hollywood Tower of Tower would be having some changes made to it on the Friday night so to get on it before it changes, so we made a beeline for there first of all.

    We grabbed ourselves a FastPass and had quick wander around before heading back to the ride.

    Now Adam said he hadn't felt right all day and has suffered from vertigo since we arrived, started to feel much worse after the ride. A drink and some shade later, he felt okay enough to ride the wooden-style rollercoaster.

    He wasn't feeling so great afterwards and don't look so great either. I suggested we came back to the hotel and he lay down which he did. I did some research on the NHS website and think it may have been heat exhaustion (it was 29°c by 10am) combined with the vertigo and the rides made for an unhappy Adam.

    A few hours rest later, a sandwich and lots of water later, he seemed to feel okay bit we adjusted our plans slightly by going back to California Adventure.

    We then dashed to the main park in time for the 9:30pm fireworks which were amazing!!!

    The park was open until midnight so we took time to ride Star Tours (a 3D Star Wars motion simulator), Mr Toad's Wide Ride and, my dad's favourite, It's A Small World.

    By now we had serious appetites but it was 1am so headed back to our hotel for a light bite (the only thing going!) in the form of 2 wagyu beef sliders and Adam had mozzarella pizza flat bread before falling into bed about 2am.
    Read more