Satellite
  • Day 16

    Disney: Day 2

    September 10, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Hopefully a better day today! We headed to the main park early (within the magic hour) and rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds - which was quick and fun!

    Frontierland didn't open until the same time as the main park so after queuing for a few minutes, we dashed to the Pirates of the Carribean ride - which I was disappointed in. Basically you sit in a boat which takes you round various pirate scenes. I felt alot more could have been done with it.

    We then dashed back to the California Adventure park and rode Radiator Springs Racers - which is a fantastic ride for adults and kids alike. It's based on Lightning McQueen from Cars and his time in Radiator Springs, you even get to race another car at the end of the ride - luckily we won!

    We dashed back to the hotel and checked out, taking in the music from the pianist in the foyer. It almost sent me over the edge. It was so lovely and we've had such a good time here, I didn't want to leave!

    But San Diego is calling....

    A couple of hours drive and we're outside Charlie's House. That's right, you guessed it, Charlie from Top Gun. Except, a local festival being on and the roads being closed, we couldn't stop to take pictures but I promised we'd come back before leaving.

    We arrived at our hotel, both feeling quite tired and drained. The desk staff were really helpful and knowledgeable, and gave us a lovely modern room on the 22nd floor.

    We were both tired but knew we had to eat so headed to the local seafood restaurant on site, ordering the recommendation seabass - which was heavenly! A couple of glasses of wine and then sleep!
    Read more