Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    PADI Qualified Open Water Divers

    July 6, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Before our travels, we booked onto a PADI open water diving course in Koh Tao. Over the past three days we've been completing the course and are happy to have successfully passed both theory tests and practical dives so are now qualified to dive to a depth of 18m.

    On the course we learnt about the equipment, understanding of air pressure, skills under water, safety measures, emergency procedures and how to minimise other risks such as decompression illness. Our instructors, Jaryd and Paul, have been absolutely amazing and what made it even nicer was the whole group (6 divers and 2 instructors) got on so well! It's crazy to think how much we've learnt over the past three days having successfully completed four dives, growing in confidence with each dive. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we've decided to change our plans to stay longer in Koh Tao to complete the advanced diving course. This meant delaying our departure to Northern Thailand and flying to Chiang Mai two days later than planned. Over the next two days we shall (hopefully) complete our Advanced Open Water course which will then allow us to dive to a depth of 30m.

    Now off out to dinner with the diving team to celebrate!
    Read more