Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Time to Dive, Koh Tao

    July 3, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Another early start by speedboat from Koh Samui to Koh Tao which is most famous for snorkelling and dive sites with its huge range of marine life including; whale sharks, turtles, sting rays, bull sharks, trigger fish and many more colourful reef fish. Koh Tao is one of, if not the most densely populated areas of dive schools in the world due to being one of the cheapest places on earth to qualify.

    Waiting for our 8am catamaran departure, we couldn’t say no to a nearby hammock overlooking the ocean. After arrival we settled into our new hotel which was part of the dive school called Sairee Cottage. We decided to have a chill day by the pool and beach, although the weather was quite cloudy and windy today. From what we've seen so far, Koh Tao looks to be one of the more developed islands with more upmarket restaurants and bars. Whilst walking along, we spotted and particularly appreciated the signs about littering. Perhaps they should have these in England?

    This evening we tried Thai curry pizza at a restaurant called Chu Chus following a recommendation. It didn’t disappoint and the Massaman curry pizza was delicious!

    We're in Koh Tao for four days as we begin our 3 day open water PADI scuba diving course tomorrow. Once successfully completed we’ll be qualified to dive to a depth of 18m as a pair. Exciting!
    Read more