Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The Deck

    October 14, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Finished bringing all of the plants over from the crow to the ranch, ready to be heeled in. Met the neighbour to the crow, Shaun, who live with Ira, the guy running for mayor. The back of his shirt had the wild coyote holding a sign that said "up with trees, down with capitalism". Brenda said he could have her old sunflowers if he wanted to harvest them. He showed us how to check if they were good or not. It depended whether they had gone to the oil stage from the water stage before the big freeze. They were huge.
    Helped Burt tie down some tractors.
    Then Brenda and I stained the front porch, whic took the rest of the day.
    Had a beautiful roast lamb for dinner. Still living chatting with Brenda.
    Reading my book this morning the questions and answers with goenka through me a bit.
    It said it's ok to eat meat if it's been prepared for you and you didn't kill it. Which I think is a bit of a cop out.
    And then he says that sexual misconduct includes having sex with multiple people and that passion will cause misery etc. Which I understand but I think surely it has to do with volition of the mind. You could have sex purely giving and wanting to share that love and compassion with someone. And what if in a relationship to suddenly start being a vipassana meditator and give up sex and your partner is first and feels disconnected then abstinence becomes an unwholesome action.
    Any way kinda just bummed because I just sort of felt good with it in my heart again.
    Read more