Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    BC INTERIOR

    October 5, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    We stayed in Vernon for 3 days with my med school friend Anne and her husband. They had a beautiful condo on the shore of Okanagan Lake. We had sunny weather, great for hiking and wine tasting and visiting Okanagan farmers' markets. Anne and I swam in the chilly lake one afternoon -- reviving with a hot tub and glass of good BC wine. It was interesting to talk about old times and how things had changed in medicine and in our lives.

    After Vernon, we picked up the dogs from Hy Country Pet Resort and drove east to Castlegar where Tarjei's sister Ida lives. It was great to see the dogs again -- we had missed them -- they are an integral part of our lives. In Castlegar we spent a fun couple of days with Ida -- she is such a sweet positive person. She also is an amazing carpenter -- she has single-handedly rebuilt her kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms -- tearing down walks, building cupboards, On Thursday night we all created a feast of Coho Salmon with blueberry sauce, yam & kale salad, and apple pie with icecream.

    Now we are on our way to North Vancouver to see friends and son Max for Thanksgiving weekend, and also check out Vancouver Filmfest.
    Read more