Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Alaska Day 8 At Sea Day #1

    July 14, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Up and about early. The ferry motion is mesmerizing and conducive to sleep for me. At sea all day today, no ferry stops, so time to find entertainment. 😃. A 2.5 mile walk around the deck. Got pretty dizzy as one lap took 3 minutes 😂. Breakfast in the cafeteria and out to one of the lounge areas. Kay “working” to catch up on the blog and our itinerary for our first week after we get off the ferry. Alice sketching and painting post cards. Throughout the afternoon there were movies that we attended. One about Ketchikan which will be our first stop tomorrow AM. Lots of room on the ferry with it only being about 1/4 full.
    The scenery is amazing. We are motoring up the inside passage and there is nothing but thousands of tree covered islands. Sky is overcast with glimpses of sunshine in the afternoon. Every once in a while there is a lighthouse or some kind of structure it not many signs of civilization. The captain announces when there are whale or porpoise sightings. We left our binoculars in the RV so need to get them in the AM. The ferry has specific hours when you can access the vehicles. 🚗.
    Dinner of Alaskan halibut, tea and biscotti after dinner. We started watching the Season 1 of Absentia that I had downloaded at home.
    Read more