Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Lake Bled to Vienna, Austria Day 34

    May 29, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    A travel,day and not much to write. Left Bled around 10, filled up,with gas and on the way to Vienna. BTW: Gas has been around $6 a gallon. Sometime a little more, sometimes a little less. Actually with all we have read about the “no oil from Russia” for the Europeans, I thought it was going to be more. I have paid more than that most of the other times I have driven in Europe perviously. The drive to Vienna was about 4.5 hours, pretty much due East from Bled. ]We took our time, while still doing 80 to go with the flow of traffic on the autobahns. 😂. A portion of the route took us through very pretty agricultural Austrian countryside. The rest was freeway. Today is a holiday -again- Whit Sunday (celebrated on Monday - go figure). That is the good news and bad news; the good news, no trucks on the road; the bad news, nothing is open - lunch from a gas station. 😂. Carol,found a park along the way and we relaxed there for about an hour eating lunch and checking out the surroundings.

    Arrived at airport hotel around 3:30P. Settled in and walked across the street to the airport to do a “trial run” for Carol as she has to be at the airport by 5AM. Very convenient hotel for her. Back for cocktail hour in the lounge and dinner in the hotel restaurant. Started planning for tomorrow and the days following in Vienna. Early to bed.
    Read more