Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 36

    Vienna, Austria Day 35

    30 de mayo de 2023, Austria ⋅ 🌙 66 °F

    Carol up and out by 5AM for her 7AM flight. I happily said good-by and, as soon as she was out the door, went back to bed! 😂. Had a leisurely morning, a little BBC news, long shower and breakfast at the hotel. I have been trying off and on to get my nails done for 2 weeks. Today is the day. Found a nail salon at the train station where I was picking up MaryLou and Robert (ML & R) this afternoon. Arrived at the train station around 11 AM, found the studio, had to wait awhile and I feel so much better with nails that are not 5 weeks old! The main train station in Vienna is huge - pretty much like a shopping mall. I needed some more hand lotions and toothpaste, found that, found a bank for more money, had lunch at a Subway - a very productive morning.

    My friends from Sebastopol, ML & R, arrived around 3 from Prague. They have been traveling for a couple weeks in Europe already. I will stay with them here in Vienna until Saturday then they are leaving for Budapest and I will keep moving east to Bratislava, Slovakia.

    Loaded the car with their gear and found our “home” for the next 4 days, right in the middle of the Ring circle. Amazingly traffic was not too bad and found a place to park to unload. Apartment is on the 5th floor but there is an elevator! I stayed with the car as it was parked in a no parking zone. 😂. Then Robert and I took the car to a Park and Ride outside of City Center where it will stay for the duration of this part of the trip. (parking in the City was $45/day! Just like San Francisco). Took the subway back and found our way home. Found a grocery store a couple blocks away and stocked up for the 4 days.

    Wine and cheese and out for dinner nearby for Light Japanese, ceviche. Went for a walk after dinner looking at all the huge buildings and heated an announcer and crowd cheering in a nearby park. Come to find out the European FIBA World Championship basketball games were being held in a set up outdoor stadium. Turns out that this basketball is 3x3 - 3 players on each team and half court size - different rules. Big screen set up outside, tents with beer and food. Quite the happening. Admission was free so we went in and watched one game - games are 10 minutes long. Brazil beat France 19 to 16. This is both men’s and women’s tournament. Fun thing to stumble on to.

    Meandered back home, perfect weather but getting warmer. Out after 9PM tonight!!! 😂.
    Leer más