Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Bratislava, Slovakia Day 41

    June 5, 2023 in Slovakia ⋅ ☁️ 70 °F

    A lazy day for tourism. Day dawned gray, rainy and a cool wind. Had planned to do another walking tour at 10 but decided against it as it was still kind of ugly at 9:30. Weather started to improve some around 10:30 so,out to see the one last thing I wanted to see in Bratislava - the Blue Church. And it is really very blue. 😀. It is a Catholic with no special significance that I could fine except it’s color and architecture. (Hungarian Art Nouveau). The guide yesterday said it is used a lot for weddings. Did another walk around some different parts of old Town and headed home. Picked up a salad for lunch in a grocery store next to my apartment building. Salads are hard to come by in this meat-eating part of the world. I was craving “green stuff”! 😂.

    Tired today. Rested for awhile catching up on email and this blog. Then out for a last walk along the river. Not as many people out today, the weather still very overcast and the weekend is over. Walked a bit farther and got to the spot where all the Cruise ships that are in Bratislava for the day dock. Back home, watched a movie on Netflix this evening - A Beautiful Life, (OK good not great, a love story) so nice to have Netflix in English. Threatening rain again around dinner time so got sushi from grocery store. A quiet day. Leaving Bratislava tomorrow to begin wending my way back to Geneva for flight home in a week.
    Read more