Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 8

    Art deco Mumbai and Diva Delights!

    13. januar, Indien ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    There are many facets to Mumbai. This morning we explored Mumbai’s Art Deco sector, now recognised as a UNESCO world heritage site. Mumbai has the largest collection of art deco buildings after Miami. An interesting mix of Art Deco with Indian influences.

    We were treated to the most refreshing local drink courtesy of some random home owner. They were somewhat charmed by this crazy group sitting outside drawing their home. True Indian hospitality.

    Interesting taxi trip across a gridlocked Mumbai. A combination of blocked streets for Modi’s visit and the air show.

    We also had a tour of the BMC. Mumbai Municipal Council building. It’s an incredible feat of architecture. Imposing with real gold on the ceiling of the main chamber.

    Diva mini strop drawing this afternoon in the late afternoon attempting to draw part of the Central Station. I got there in the end! Tip from Zainab - need to stop over thinking. It’s certainly full on and challenging !

    Evening spent dining at one of Mumbai’s latest eateries. It’s in an old ice factory. Impressive setting. Great cocktails!
    Læs mere