Satellite
  • Day 25

    The Dolomites, Italy - Austria

    September 18, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Just a quick pop over to the amazing mountains, graciously spending the (very) cold nights at Stefano's sister's house (one of many around Europe).
    Basically it's Tyrol, so it's a bit more of a german/austrian feel than italian.
    Fantastic landscapes, architecture, flora... picturesque place.
    We had a perfect day (Saturday) for the planned bicycle ride from Dobbiaco to Leinz. Joseph and I rode on a tandem bike and really enjoyed it (though at the end of the day I felt as if I had really rough sex, my crotch and ass hurt baaaaad). 47 km! Felt like a breeze. We stopped on the way for a small coffee and a mediocre- cake at the beautiful café at the Loacker factory, then to smoke some, then for a light lunch and at Leinz we indulged on ice cream :)
    Took the train back to Dobbiaco, had Spritz, went to shower and for a very lovely dinner at a small local restaurant.
    The guys recommended a certain dish that we naturally ordered and were very surprised to realize it's actually extremely similar to Kneidalach. Even the name- canoodel.
    After we placed our order we finally gave the guys the Handpresso travel set we bought for them (which arrived on Thursday) and they were really exvited about it. We already planned to go to Paolo's bar and prepare coffee there with the set, hehehe.
    Oh, and last but not least- naturally we left the house later than anticipated and stopped so many times for a Spritz that we arrived (safely) very very late at night.
    Read more