Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Mossel Bay - Plettenberg

    February 21, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Today is the first day of the official Garden Route and we are excited!!! If the landscape was so amazing yesterday, today it will be even better! - That’s before we discover that the Garden Route is the N2, which is nothing more than a highway supposed to be panoramic. We have one middle stop to arrive to Plettenberg and only 2.5 hours of driving in total! Paradise!
    The road is, as expected, nothing special. We reach Krysna and leave the car to take a walk in the village. The place is cute and very touristic, with shops with souvenirs and African products and a really nice harbor.
    We spend some time here and finally find some nice souvenirs, then we go back to the car to reach Plettenberg.
    For once, it is 13.30 in the afternoon and we are checking in!!! The hotel is very nice! Clean and simple and very close to a beach. Our destination though is another one, so we pick the car and go to Look Out beach, a place where is possible to spot sharks, dolphins and wales (during winter). We decide to first go to the restaurant and then to the beach. The food is gorgeous and we are really hungry!
    After the food an a big beer we go for a walk on the beach. We end up walking 6 km on the beach (quite hard with all the sand) and we spot a seal surfing the waves eating fishes plus tones of birds and an incredible landscape.
    At the end of the walk we sit on the sun destroyed and enjoy the sun for some time before it gets shady and we decide to go back to the hotel.

    We are very tired and it is hard once on the bed to go shower in order to go out for dinner. Plus that we are not really hungry after the food during lunch.

    After some time we finally get ready to go out, dress up nicely to go to the restaurant on the beach close to the hotel, and head the door. Well, outside is foggy and cloudy and we are dressed like the best summer evening is waiting for us. We go fast to the restaurant and ask to sit inside. We are not very hungry so we only take a cocktail and some starters. They are very good! But Fuffi does not feel very well and leaves most of the food.

    We go back to the hotel, and fuffi definitely doesn’t feel well. She runs to the toilet and pukes everything. The rest of the evening will be me calming her that she does not have malaria, and her coming and going from the toilet.
    Read more