Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Plettenberg - Port Elisabeth

    February 22, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Today is the last day of driving.
    We wake up a bit later in the morning because we are tired from the previous days and fuffi still doesn’t feel good. I feel okey but I start feeling all the consequences of a long trip.

    We take breakfast and then back to the road. We stop in Storm River Mount, a national park where there is a suspended bridge that looks awesome. The drive in the park is very nice!
    We reach the parking and we notice that it is possible to do Kayak in the river. For some non rational and crazy reason we decide that we want to do that! Suddenly we find ourselves dressed up to go kayaking, without any idea of what expect us.
    Well, the experience was incredible! With the kayaks we went in the canyon and explored caves and the river until a point where we had to leave our boats, climb some rocks and go in the water for 200 meters with inflatable mats. We also got to jump in the water from a 4 meters rock!

    After the kayak we went to eat something at the restaurant, but still we are not very hungry and I manage to eat half of my incredibly good burger. Such a waste!

    The drive to Port Elisabeth is nothing special, the city even less. We are tired from the activity and the drive, we get scared by the people in the city, and we decide to just take a walk to the mall, buy something for dinner at the hotel and go back. Still, not hungry at all. We go to bed very tired, stomach feeling weird and quite sad because tomorrow we are heading to Johannesburg, which does not seems exciting.
    Read more