Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Johannesburg

    February 24, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Last day in South Africa. This evening we will take the plane to go back home.
    We wake up at 8.30, take showers, fix the luggages and go for breakfast. The breakfast is painful, there are a lot of great options of food but what I can manage is to eat some yogurt with fruits.

    The plan for the day is to take the Citysightseeinng bus and see the city by bus. We don’t have energies for doing more than that and also the city doesn’t seem safe enough to go around by ourselves. The bus tour is composed of two different busses.
    Both tours are not particularly interesting, we pass by the zoo, some museums, and different monuments and buildings. The guide tells stories about the city and the different people living in it.

    We decide to stop in an amusement park to take an icecream and to try to win some random stuff. That’s the highlight of the day.

    After the tour we go to a shopping mall that is big and cheap and has a lot of interesting dresses. Here I find the dress for the wedding of Anni in April.

    After the shopping center is time to go to pick the luggages and go to the airport.

    The journey is more complicated than expected and takes a lot of time. We arrive at the airport just in time for the check-in. We manage to change clothes, do the check-in and and buy some food and souvenirs before is time for me to go to the gate and take the plane.

    It is time to say goodbye! A brief hug and I find myself on the plane surrounded by French people. The trip goes very fast, with a big stomach ache and no hunger.
    Tomorrow I will be back in Goteborg to meet Carlos and nothing could make me happier in the moment.
    Read more