Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Johannesburg

    February 23, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The day starts with the worst mood. Tired, stomach pain, sadness.
    We go to the airport, leave the car, take the plane. (Almost loose it because we were reading the story of Michale Jackson while waiting)

    We arrive in Johannesburg, take the train to go to the hotel and do the check in.
    We rest a bit in the hotel before finding the energies to go exploring.

    We ask in reception what there is to see and the answer is: the mall. Okey then, the mall.
    The mall is really nothing special, no interesting shops, or too expensive, and nothing to do. We are tired, bored, sad.
    We take a walk around the blocks, scared by all the stories that we heard about the city. We take a slice of pizza at Pizza Hut but my stomach is still refusing to eat more than a few bites. I am tired, legs hurt, head is bumping and the stomach is sick. Perfect.
    After exploring every corner of the area we go back to the hotel, rest, and then finally find the strength to go out for dinner.
    We go to Hard Rock Cafe, the only place that seems interesting, but still not hungry. We take nachos and bruschetta and two non-alcoholic cocktails that are really good. I feel fever and I’m very tired. I manage to eat some food and drink my cocktail and after that I feel a bit better. It is not even 10 in the evening that we are in the bed tired and ready to sleep.
    Read more