Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Somewhere near Gladstone

    September 18, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    Australians are just friendly and helpful people. Over and over we experience their great hospitality here. But what happened yesterday was just wow.
    So, we arrived in West Stowe. To get there, you have to take a road, which is only suitable for 4WD and it is really just a dirt road. After 5 km of no house in sight we arrived at Matt. We found him on gumtree.com (the Australian version of Ebay), he is a single man in its mid 30’s, who offers accommodation and food for travellers. Ah and not to forget to mention, every second or third word he uses is “yeah”. But on our way to Matt we thought, hell where are we? Are we stuck somewhere now? (We were not the only ones who thought like that, as we heard later.)
    But no worries, even if its a bit strange at first, it's the best way to get to know to the people and their way of living.
    He also noticed that we still have some struggles with our car and he immediately wanted to help us. In the end, the water pump wasn't broken (= $800 saved) and the solution for our problem only costs $20! 😅 Well, hopefully it’s now working and no more problems with our car will occur!
    Read more