Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 20

    We Reach Kaiteriteri

    27 oktober 2021, Nieuw-Zeeland ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We traveled through to Motueka this morning, where we did a few chores and a little shopping. I’ve bought a walking pole to help support my knee, which seems to have a bit of torn or floating ‘stuff’ that pops out of alignment every now and then causing huge amounts of pain and swelling. Most inconvenient! Charlie also bought some fishing gear so that he can attack the fish as we get further north.
    And so here we are in Kaiteriteri – what a beautiful spot! We are staying in a motor camp for a couple of nights and our site is right on the beachfront. At happy hour we took our drinks across to the beach and sat there watching the world go by. We watched as a brand new John Deere tractor towing an amazing boat pulled up next to the boat ramp, expecting that the tractor would back the boat in. Next thing, the boat had reversed itself off the trailer, turned around and headed straight down the ramp into the water nose first, then paused while the wheels got pulled up, and then it motored off over the horizon! Charlie thought it was hilarious that they thought they needed a tractor, when it didn’t even leave the tar seal! We’ve just seen it come back in, and the whole procedure was reversed. The tractor was driving out of the car park with the boat on, within three minutes of it reaching the shore, and the boat passengers didn’t even get their feet wet!
    Meer informatie