Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3–5

    Cunnamulla

    May 14 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Well, here we are, in Cunnamulla, searching for the Cunnamulla fella. After many steps around the town, we finally found him! And all of the women lining up to see him!

    We also went for a walk around town to see what we could see and had our first hot drink from the bakery. I wasn't real impressed, as the apple slice I was salivating over was partly frozen! Not happy, Jan.

    On reflection, we probably should have spent another day at St George, rather than here, as the token seemed to be bubbling with life there, whereas here it's a little sad.

    The few Queenslanders that we saw were lovely. However, most of the buildings around here were a little, or a lot, rundown. How some of them haven't been totally condemned is beyond me. And they have people living in them.

    I keep on expecting to walk around a corner and run into Slim Dusty, or Lee Kernaghan, warbling about the Cunnamulla Fella whilst strumming their guitars.

    It's about 21 years too late for Slim, and Lee is probably still celebrating his 60th birthday 🎂. Ah well, such is life! Still, we're rolling along and enjoying all the sights and the red dirt! And fingers crossed when Tom's driving 🚗🙂!
    Read more