Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Real estate & water

    May 30, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    H.E.B. Plus??…YES PLEASE!! We started out in new Braunfels today getting groceries for our upcoming three days on Canyon Lake. OH MY GOD! The biggest, most gorgeous selection of veggies and fruits I have seen in my life. Varieties of meats & fish as far as the eye could see! We were literally walking through the store with our jaws hanging open. We could have spent hours in there! The first time on our trip that I wished for a fridge that was 10 times bigger. Unfortunately, they are only throughout Central and Northeast Texas.
    Anyway…. Drove back to Canyon Lake to check into Potter’s Creek campgrounds, only to be told that we couldn’t enter the park until 3 PM (it was 12:10pm 😕).
    Not a whole lot of businesses in the area, so we started driving around to the different waterways, boat ramps and neighborhoods. We found that we prefer the north east corner of the lake. Less people and traffic. Probably not doable for us. We really want to be on or close to the water and those homes are over 1 million.
    Our campsite is awesome and the lake is a gorgeous clear blue. Not many people since clearing out memorial day weekend campers. Hoping the wind dies down in the next couple of days so we can check out the inflatable paddleboards.
    Deer are grazing by the van!
    Read more