Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 24

    Lucy and Desi in Tokyo

    9 octobre 2023, Japon ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    Well, if you know me at all then you know that a Lucy moment would have to occur at some point on this trip. Today was the Lucy moment. Some friends last night told us that we could take the shuttle bus from the ship to downtown and that we would see lots of the city and then the shuttle bus would just bring us right back to the ship. So today in the pouring rain, I decide that this would be the day to take the little bus tour of downtown. We get on the shuttle bus and it drives us precisely 1/4 of a mile to a small train station near our ship. They told us to get off the bus so we did and then they pointed us to the trains but we didn’t want the trains. So then they pointed us to another bus and we got on it and waited 40 minutes to ride back to the ship which is a quarter mile away. If it had not been raining Japanese cats and puppy dogs, we could’ve walked back in 10 minutes.  No one except the two of us spoke English so everything was communicated in hand gestures with Japanese thrown in to confuse us even more.

    When we got back to the ship, I went down to guest services and told them that they really should not let old people off the ship. Carson told me that yesterday Viking ran a shuttle, and that it would be running the same shuttle tomorrow and the next day, but today, Tokyo was running a shuttle just to the train station. So tomorrow we shall try it again. The good news is we are overnight in Tokyo until Wednesday so that if we get totally lost, we have 48 hours to figure out how to get back to the ship.
    En savoir plus