Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 62–64

    ljubljana

    November 16, 2023 in Slovenia

    arrived in ljubljana and finally felt a bit like home again. the city seems like it could well be part of germany (setting aside that it once was). once again, i didn't explore that much of the city and kept myself busy with making plans for the next days and weeks. i had two locations that i definitely wanted to visit, so that's what i did.

    the next day, i took a bus to bled (the 1.30pm one because time management) and basically ran around the lake and up the nearest hill to catch the sunset. 10/10.

    in the hostel, i met saeed from tehran, i might pay him a visit in a few months time. the second night i had to move from a 5 bed room into a 10 bed one and it was the most agonising night i have ever spent in a hostel. one person was basically barricaded in their bunk, 24/7 coughing their lungs out. very thoughtful of them to book the dorm with the most people to infect. next to me, there was a guy snoring in a way that i can't even begin to put into words other than the bed was shaking. and then, there were multiple instances around 3am where someone just picks up a call on their phone or puts the lights on, and i was awoken twice in the same night by the hostel manager asking me about the guy in the bed below me who i had never seen. i wanted to share this so you don't get too jealous reading from home.
    Read more