Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58–61

    venezia

    November 12, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    venice, or rather mestre, the mainland counterpart, had the best (and biggest) hostel i've visited to so far. accomodation for hundreds of people, a huge common area and events every night. at a price of less than 20€ per night, this was the perfect place to wait until wednesday and explore venice in the meantime.

    i expected venice to be hard to navigate, but it was a real maze. pretty too. i'm taking so many pictures at this point that i'm having trouble keeping up with posting them. i still have a lot of untouched footage from the us that i maybe wanted to make a real from, but there is always else to do.

    on monday, i checked out the karaoke in the main area and grabbed a kebab with some people afterwards. also, my debit card declined for the first time. i'll be using the credit card from here on anyway, so no problem. had a bumble date on tuesday which required me to finally shave, and i immediatelty felt a lot more confident with that excuse of a beard finally gone.

    with 1 hour of sleep i met jayce and lauriane again by pure luck on wednesday. we went out to venice again together before i made my way back to padua in the evening. met up with muzammil and got going to the bar area where a lot of erasmus people hung out.

    queue the most chaotic and fun night of this trip so far. a lot of people and a lot of places were involved, but in a nutshell: bar, flunkyball tournament, karaoke bar, mcdonalds, gay club, techno rave, home at 7:30. i'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

    again with 1 hour of sleep, i got onto the bus to ljubljana, finally leaving italy behind after more than a month there. it was great, but towards the end i really did get hungry for some change.
    Read more