Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64–65

    skuta

    November 18, 2023 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    i managed to catch some sleep on the bus to the austrian border, where i planned an overnight stay in an unmanned mountain refuge. because the bus only goes twice a day, i arrived way too late, but still somehow managed to climb the 1.4k in three hours before the sun set. had to pay in full two days later by sore legs.

    the way up, the shelter and the view along with the sunset were honestly my biggest highlight of the whole tour so far (at least of what i can share here). made me realise again that i didn't embark on this trip for the cities, but for the nature. also, i met some really nice people up in the shelter, famous travel blogger bobby dalton and his attaché among them. i didn't recognise them until we exchanged instagrams. thought about asking for a ride along or an insta push, but that's not me.

    sadly i didn't bring food to stay more nights or equipment to reach the summit, so i woke up at dawn and enjoyed the mountains until 2pm and made my way back down to the mountain village with the bus stop. my legs were literally shaking from the descent, i really need to hike more. was very thankful when the bus eventually arrived, for it was the only one scheduled for two days. also saw firefighters cleaning up a pretty brutal car crash on the way back with the empty bus.
    Read more