Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Talk about a headwind!

    April 1, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Daylight savings really added to the challenge getting ready for day one of riding..... imagine 1400 people packing up camp in the dark ... add in a pack of raucous school children and some really rather vexed kangaroos who, judging by the quantity of droppings, are used to using the area for night time grazing and were put out and bouncing around the place in consternation.... you can imagine the pandemonium! Despite all this I was on my way by just after 730. It was really rather a gorgeous run ...cool and mostly sunny although the wind was rather annoying ... quite strong and gusty and mostly a headwind. The route was really rather pleasant mostly quite nicely undulating but there was a couple quite brisk climbs although the views were well worth it. Into Dunkeld just before 12 and was quickly set up and able to relax in the plesent afternoon sunshine before a stroll down to the Main Street where I enjoyed a very nice beer and chat with a couple of fellow riders at the pub. Looking forward to tomorrow which should be a nice 110 km...
    with hopefully... fingers crossed ..
    a generous tail wind!
    Read more