Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 7 - Magic Kingdom!

    January 2 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Off to the Magic Kingdom. As usual, it's extremely busy. We took the ferry across the lake to the Magic Kingdom entrance and headed directly to Frontierland as it was so busy.

    We got to ride the Walt Disney World Railroad over, and there were not many people there, which was wonderful. We had a raft ride over to Tom Sawyer Island and the kids went through the rifle houses, shot lots of trees and leaves (daddy was showing how to use a rifle), and then we walked around. We got to see part of the parade from across the river. Then we went through some really cool, dark caves. On our way back, the kids had lunch at Pecos Bills Cafe... Nana had some awesome churros and chocolate sauce.

    We headed to Adventureland next and the Enchanted Tiki Room show. It was tropical birds and flowers talking and dancing... cute show and a nice sit-down break.

    Off to Fantasyland next where we happened to be just in time for a show... we were a ways back but got to see pretty good and heard the wonderful music. We toured around the beautiful castle and checked it out. We then went to the Fantasy Faire shop so Aspen could get her Belle costume, scepter, crown, and jewelry. Kendra got some earrings, too.

    We rode the Prince Charming Regal Carousel while Daddy went and got a scooter. Our next stop was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (where we used the Lightening Pass). It was a really good ride (again😉). Ares got sprayed with water, but it missed Nana...lol.

    The next ride was the Haunted Mansion coaster in Liberty Square. Ares rode with Nana so she wouldn't get too scared. It was really fun and not too scary.

    Then it was time to walk to the monorail, take a ride back to the transport station, and walk to the trailer. We let Lokie out for a bit, all changed shoes, and put on warmer clothes to go back to the park.

    It was definitely colder when we went back. The castle is beautiful when all lit up at night. Our first stop was back at the castle where it was very crowded and almost time for a show. We didn't stay because we had dinner reservations.

    Dinner was at the Diamond Horseshoe Fine Dining Restaurant. The "saloon" was very nice but we had to rush to see the fireworks.

    We saw the awesome fireworks display, though not together. It was horribly crowded... Daddy, Ares, and Nana got pretty banged up where we were 😢

    Our last Disney ride was at Tomorrowland and the Tomorrowland Speedway. Ares drove Nana (he was not happy with how slow Nana was, so had his foot on hers (didn't help..lol). Aspen and Daddy rode and poor Kendra got stuck behind us.

    Aspen's favorite was the real ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. And Ares loved Pirates of the Caribbean and getting sprayed.

    We all had fun, but it was time to go. Everyone was very, very tired. It took a long, long time to get on the monorail (we could have walked it it there wasn't a lake 😁).

    Tomorrow we start home.
    Read more