Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16–18

    Meandering in Malaysia

    April 1 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 33 °C

    Spent the last couple of days exploring Kuala Lumpur whilst Jodie finishes off her yoga teaching in Koh Ta Kiev.

    I needed some stable internet (and air con!) to sit my microsoft exams + flights in and out of KL are super cheap so figured it was the best option.

    The city is very modern and well connected with transport, doesn't feel like the rest of southeat asia with the exception of Singapore. Temperature is about ~35 here during the day and humid, although feels a lot cooler than cambodia (maybe I am just used to the heat now?). During the day there are occasional thunderstorms with rain which can be a nice break from the sun. There is also good air con in pretty much all buildings which is nice.

    Transport and food here are very cheap, even arguably cheaper than Cambodia in some places which is strange considering the difference in living standards. Most intercity trams/metro/monorail journeys are less than 30p and you can quite easily get a full big lunch or dinner for £5 or less.

    Spent 2 days solo travelling around the city + visiting some nearby sites and getting some revision done as well. I have had a pretty bad cold the past couple of days (since arriving) so haven't been feeling the best but have tried to power through.

    Jodie joins me after finishing her yoga, likely in Indonesia but yet to be decided.
    Read more