Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Dalmeny to Eden

    September 27, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    We had a really good sleep in Dalmeny. We were in camping area kind of but it was free. So it was a quite area and cars were not passing or anything.
    We looked up what we should do in the area. We drove to the Australia Rock. When we got there we noticed people looking out to sea and we could see 50-60 whales thrashing and breaching. It was crazy!!! So we rang boat companies in the area and managed to book in with a tour for 12.30.
    We made sandwiches and ate them and by the time we cleaned up etc we went down to the harbour and waited for the boat. At the harbour we saw a huge Manta Ray. We missed getting a photo of it as it was so unexpected to see!
    We got on the boat and we were surrounded by 20-30 humpback whales breaching and thrashing. It was incredible!! When they opened their mouths it smelt so so so bad you could smell it in the air it smelt like sewerage mixed with public toilets. The boat was so rocky which was scary at times but we couldn't stop laughing on it too. One whale thrashed it's tail for the whole time we were there and he was upside down 😅 after about an hour and a half watching them we went out to an island. We would have been happy to stay with the whales but it was part of the tour. We saw Australian and NewZeland sea lions. They were cool to see too.
    After the tour we drove to Eden and cooked our dinner when we got there too.
    It was the most incredible day. We didn't think we would get to see so many, we were so so lucky. 🐳
    Read more