Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Brunswick to Byron Bay

    October 24, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We woke at Brusnwick at the oval. Two vans parked so close beside us which was annoying and ment very little wind was going through the van even though we had 2 doors open.
    We left there and drove back to the bathrooms and where we slept the other nights. The weather was spitting the odd bit or rain and it was given. So we done our workout and just got it done before it started to lash. Then we had our fruit and just people watched and watched things on our phone. The rain stopped so we decided to walk around the town of Brunswick and we had a look around the shops and got a coffee.
    We just got back to the car when it started to rain again. We drove to Byron and up to the lighthouse to have a look. There is some really nice views but the weather was wrecking views some so we will have to go back up when it's nice again.
    The weather was non stop so we decided to go into a campsite for the night as it ment we could have the fan on, as we prob wouldn't be able to leave doors open with the rain. We eventually signed in and drove to our patch. Its a really nice campsite. We drove back into the town as the rain was so heavy and we food. We had a laugh getting up the awning again as it was bucketing down and it seemed like each time Jake took out the hammer to put the things in the ground it got heavier 😆. We eventually had it all sorted and it was so handy. Jake went to get his shower first and then I had mine. The showers were so warm and lovely it was the cleanest I have felt in a while. Then we put on a wash and dried and we watched SAS Australia. We woke during the night needing a wee but other than that we had a great sleep and it was so nice to know we didn't have to move on because a ranger was coming or we shouldn't have been there.
    Read more